Monday 11 June 2012

Nailed It!!

So last night i noticed my nails were looking a little bit shabby and ermmm shit basically!

So here is my little pamper guide for your nails girls!

1.) I started by removing my nail varnish from the last time I applied it to give me my blank canvas back to begin with my new colour *cough cough* ok same colour I always use.


Warning im about to name and shame a shit product in my opinion!


Now the other day I bought Maybelline express finish 40 in turquoise lagoon to wear with some trousers i had bought!
Now I'm the kinda giddy girl who just cant wait so decided to clean off one nail and try it out. The application was all gloopy like it was one i had for ages, but nothing a few coats didnt sort out! The colour was ok (I may be an addict to my old colour nothing compares). So i carry on the rest of the day to see how it was or wear and tear and it passes on that one!
So i begin removing all the old stuff to start a fresh with my nails and to my horror! My nail has gone green!! Like i have been picking my nose! No seriously though it was stained GREEN! Now maybe i could understand this if i had it on for days and days but i only had this on 24 hours if that!
I really dont think im going to wear that again! my trousers will just have to match my nails i oh so love!
Named and shamed bitch!
Back to the good stuff now!
2.) So once I have removed all traces of the crap above, I washed my hands and gave them a scrub with the nail brush. Once dried I cut my nails, filed them (do not file with a back and for motion this can weaken and break the nail,) File them in one direction.
TIP: I dont have any cuticle oil so i used a little bit of olive oil to soften my cuticles and tidy them up.
Then I put the first coat of Barry M base coat top coat and nail hardener on using it as a nail hardner and base coat.
excuse the short nails i have to have them short for work



3.) Once the base coat has dried then apply the colour you wish. I'm using models own in coral reef. I applied one coat, once that dried I like to add another coat, but thats completely own preference.
Models Own Coral Reef My All Time Favourite!
my pretty nails ooohhhhhhhhhh be drawn in by the prettiness!!!


4.) If you wish, as they are pretty shiny enough, you can then add the top coat of the barry m, I do because i find it helps protect them from chips.
haha i think that may be my thumb in the bottom!
this is the barry m basecoat, topcoat and nail hardener
pretty damn good if i do say so myself!
5.) Finally once dry moisturise with a lush smellin hand moisturiser! I used a cocoa butter hand cream! mmmmmm! nommy nommy nom nom!

There you have it! pampered hands!

Tip of the day! Don't buy a telescope, just walk closer to what you want to see!
n'awwww c'mon! haha! Make sure you keep your hands neat and tidy after all hands are just another way of communication and everyone sees them!

Hope all is helpful!
hugs n kisses
blog power!!



2 comments:

  1. that models own shade is GORGEOUS! and i LOVE the smell of cocoa butter too... so yummy! xxx

    http://www.unnakednails.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful colour isnt it! And coco butter is the shit!! Ohhh i will check ur blog i spy some lush nails! X

      Delete